- For daytime indoor and outdoor use; ideal for extra-sensitive eyes
- Anti-reflective coating on UV 400 lenses
- Matte black fade to mottled brown and amber tortoiseshell lightweight acetate frame
- Foldable hard-shell glasses case
- Microfiber lens cleaning cloth
- UV 400 yellow lens indoor to transition to the grey lens in sunlight
- Spring hinges for a customized fit
- Blue light blocking
- Photochromic scratch-resistant polycarbonate darken and lighten as the outdoor light changes to block 99% of UVA/UVB
- Blocks approximately 75% of blue light
- See our guide to select the best styles for your face shape
TrueDark® yellow lensed Human Compatible® eyewear is ideal for users who work/live/play in environments lit with artificial blue light-emitting fixtures and are exposed to long periods of time utilizing blue light-emitting devices (TVs, computers, tablets, phones, etc.).
Yellow lensed glasses are ideal for people who suffer from disrupted sleep-wake cycle/circadian rhythms. Yellow lensed eyewear is also suitable for night shift workers as they can be more sensitive to artificial lighting during the dark hours they are awake, which disrupts their natural sleep-wake cycle/circadian rhythm.
An optimal 75% of blue light is blocked with our yellow lenses
Our yellow transition lenses are ideal blue light blockers for extra-sensitive eyes. If you are less sensitive, try our clear transition lenses for daytime indoor and outdoor use.
Combined with the nighttime use of TrueDark Twilights glasses, you will experience 24-hour protection from junk light.
Our photochromic lenses allow for indoor and outdoor use, with the lenses blocking 99% of UVA/UVB. Ideal for indoor use for work and outdoor use for fun!
When you’re exposed to indoor junk light, wear them all the time. For outdoors, aim to get about 2-3 hours of morning sunlight without sunglasses each day. This will help keep your circadian rhythm balanced. Then, when you are in an outdoor environment with a lot of glare, find yourself squinting, or you’re in the harsh afternoon light, you’re in the sweet spot to use Daylights Transition sunglasses outside.
Blue light emitted from the sun helps regulate our sleep/wake cycle
However, we’re exposed to an overabundance of blue light or junk light from artificial lighting in today’s world.
This includes hours spent in front of TVs, phones, and computers. It also includes time spent in artificial man-made light with LEDs and fluorescent lights. Even if we’re reading a book, we’re doing that in artificial light, which emits dramatically more blue light than the sun.
Overexposure to junk light during the day dramatically impacts our neurotransmitters and hormones responsible for quality sleep.
TrueDark® Daylights glasses help filter the overabundance of junk light from artificial light sources when you are indoors, working on computers, watching TV, or anywhere else junk light is impacting your performance.
Some blue light is good for you during the day, and TrueDark® Daylights will help you find the right balance of blue light exposure from artificial light sources. TrueDark® Daylights tones down the amount of the blue wavelengths that negatively impact your biology and help:
- Block harsh blue light wavelengths emitted by LEDs, electronics, phones, tablets, and computers.
- Reduce daytime eye strain
- Improve overall sleep
- Synchronize your circadian rhythm
The Daylights transition lenses are the first-ever blue light blocking glasses that also function as sunglasses. Strategically designed using pure, durable, prescription-grade polycarbonate lenses. This results in true clarity of light and consistent junk light coverage throughout the scratch-resistant lenses.