- 4-way adjustable light bulb emitting wavelengths from 1000K to 3000K with the ability to dim or brighten to customize your pre-sleep environmental experience
- Control up to four TrueLight Luna Red® bulbs on one remote; remote control (uses 2 AAA batteries) to adjust lighting options
- Strong and lightweight construction with a shatter-proof dome
- 7 watts [energy saving]. Estimated yearly energy cost $0.84 (based on 3 hrs/day)
- Standard A19 size with E26 base
- AC 85V–265V / 50Hz – 60Hz
- Flicker-Free LED Bulb
- Lumens: 121lm – 447lm (1000K = 121lm / 2000K = 264lm / 3000K = 447lm)
- CRI: 1000K Ra=51.4 / 2000K Ra=92.1 / 3000K Ra=81.8
- Life Span: 30,000 hours / 27.4 years (based on 3 hrs/day)
- 1000K setting: Relax and fall asleep faster
- 3000K setting: Stop Junk Light® to regulate the body’s natural circadian rhythm
- Nightlight mode supports restful and undisturbed sleep
Our TrueLight Luna Red® Sunset light Human Compatible® Lighting is ideal for nighttime living spaces, hallways, nurseries, bathrooms, and especially bedrooms.
Overexposure to the short blue wavelengths of light from typical LED light bulbs can negatively impact sleep patterns. Our low blue light-emitting standard A19/E26 LED bulb is adjustable from 1000K to 3000K. It simulates natural, relaxing light from sources like candles and fireplaces.
The Sunset light will significantly reduce the interference of blue light on your body’s melatonin production. This will allow you to enjoy your evening hours knowing your sleep/circadian rhythm is being kept in balance.
It is not just light that we can see that comes from the sun. White light splits up into a spectrum of many different wavelengths and colors. Visible light is just part of a continuous spectrum of electromagnetic radiation.
Our focus for Luna Red® products is on the red-light spectrum
Which has identified the benefits of providing non-disruptive light to sleep and natural lighting.
Blue light emitted by standard lighting has been demonstrated to interfere with wildlife and sleep patterns. Our low-blue light-emitting TrueLight Luna Red® Sunset LED lightbulb will not interfere with melatonin production. Sunset nightlight mode will allow you to find your way in the middle of the night without disrupting your sleep/circadian rhythm or disturbing nature.
TrueDark® warrants that this product will be free from defects in materials and workmanship for 1 year from the date of purchase by the original owner. This warranty covers the original purchaser only and is not assignable or transferable to another party. Do not disassemble the device or utilize it for commercial use, warranty void if either occurs.
This product is not intended to diagnose, cure or prevent disease. TrueDark® makes no claims, representations, or warranties regarding the ability of this product to cure any physical, skin, or mental condition. Consult a qualified health professional concerning any condition requiring medical attention. Not intended for commercial use. As a therapeutic device, LED has achieved an FDA low-risk general wellness status.
What makes the Luna Red® Sunset Bulb unique to other human-centric lighting options on the market?
The Luna Red® Sunset Bulb is a true day-to-nighttime bulb. It emits specific wavelengths of light to simulate natural light/dark cycles during a 24-hour period. The daytime settings cue vital circadian responses for better energy and focus. The nighttime settings emit wavelengths akin to fire or candlelight to promote relaxation, natural melatonin production, and sleep onset. The Luna Red Sunset Bulb is also dimmable and has a nightlight mode for convenience and comfort.
Other “circadian lighting” options on the market often use yellow or red painted dome light bulbs. These do not emit pure color tuned to any specific wavelengths. The LED illuminating the bulb is rich in blue light. While the painted coating that covers the bulb does not entirely block the junk light being emitted. Painted domed bulbs have a lower transmittance and Color Rendering Index (CRI) than the Luna Red® Sunset Bulb. This creates an eye-straining environment that subsequently appears dim and less appealing.
Are there any studies that show the benefit of using red light at night time?
- Exposure to Room Light before Bedtime Suppresses Melatonin
- Red light at night
- Effect of Light on Human Circadian Physiology
- Sensitivity of the human circadian pacemaker to nocturnal light
- Phase-shifting human circadian rhythms
- Resetting of the human circadian pacemaker by intermittent bright light
- Blue light has a dark side
What do I do if my light bulb is not coming On?
Make sure the lighting fixture is plugged in, and if on a wall switch flipped to the ON position. Place fresh batteries in the remote-control device. (uses 2 AAA batteries)
Is this bulb dimmable?
Yes, and it does not require a dimmer switch to work! The dimming ability is built into our 4–way remote control.
E26 Base vs. E27 Base, what is the difference?
E26 stands for 26 mm and E27 for 27 mm in diameter.
This means that a US E26 will fit in a European E27 base, and E27 will fit in an E26 base. The only difference is the voltage (for light bulbs).
In fact, there is only a 1 mm difference between the threads of E26 and E27. Still, it is important to buy the correct bulb certified for use in your country. Each country and region of the world have different certifications.
A quick reference for which light bulb type is used in major markets is as follows:
- United States – E26 Edison Screw
- Canada – E26 Edison Screw
- Japan & Taiwan – E26 Edison Screw
- Australia – E27 Edison Screw (or B22 Bayonet Cap)
- Europe – E27 Edison Screw
- United Kingdom – E27 Edison Screw (or B22 Bayonet Cap)
How do I pair multiple bulbs?