- 4-way adjustable light bulb emitting wavelengths from 1000K to 3000K with the ability to dim or brighten to customize your pre-sleep environmental experience
- Control up to four TrueLight Luna Red™ bulbs on one remote; remote control (uses 2 AAA batteries) to adjust lighting options
- Strong and lightweight construction with shatter-proof dome
- 7 watts [energy saving]. Estimated yearly energy cost $0.84 (based on 3 hrs/day)
- Standard A19 size with E26 base
- AC 85V–265V / 50Hz – 60Hz
- Flicker-Free LED Bulb
- Lumens: 121lm – 447lm (1000K = 121lm / 2000K = 264lm / 3000K = 447lm)
- CRI: 1000K Ra=51.4 / 2000K Ra=92.1 / 3000K Ra=81.8
- Life Span: 30,000 hours / 27.4 years (based on 3 hrs/day)
- 1000K setting: Relax and fall asleep faster
- 3000K setting: Stop Junk Light® to regulate the body’s natural circadian rhythm
- Nightlight mode supports restful and undisturbed sleep
Our TrueLight Luna Red™ Sunset light Human Compatible Lighting™ is ideal for nighttime living spaces, hallways, nurseries, bathrooms, and especially bedrooms.
Overexposure to the short blue wavelengths of light from typical LED light bulbs can negatively impact sleep patterns. Our low blue light emitting standard A19/E26 LED bulb is adjustable from 1000K to 3000K. It simulates natural, relaxing light from sources like candles and fireplaces.
The Sunset light will significantly reduce the interference of blue light on your body’s melatonin production, allowing you to enjoy your evening hours knowing your sleep/circadian rhythm is being kept in balance.
It is not just light that we can see that comes from the sun. White light can be split up into a spectrum of many different wavelengths and colors. Visible light is just part of a continuous spectrum of electromagnetic radiation.
Our focus for Luna Red® products is on the red-light spectrum, which has identified benefits of providing non-disruptive light to sleep and nature lighting.
Blue light emitted by standard lighting has been demonstrated to interfere with wildlife and sleep patterns, particularly in young children who utilize a night light throughout the sleeping hours. Our low-blue light emitting TrueLight Luna Red™ Sunset LED lightbulb will not interfere with melatonin production. Sunset light nightlight mode will allow you to find your way in the middle of the night without disrupting your sleep/circadian rhythm or disturbing nature.
TrueDark® warrants that this product will be free from defects in materials and workmanship for 1 year from the date of purchase by the original owner. This warranty covers the original purchaser only and is not assignable or transferable to another party. Warranty is void if device used for commercial use or disassembled at any point.
This product is not intended to diagnose, cure or prevent disease. TrueDark makes no claims, representations or warranties regarding the ability of this product to cure any physical, skin or mental condition. A qualified health professional should be consulted with regard to any condition requiring medical attention. This device is intended only for personal household use, commercial use is not intended. As a therapeutic device, LED has achieved a FDA low-risk general wellness status.
The Luna Red Sunset Bulb is a true day-to-nighttime bulb that emits specific wavelengths of light to simulate natural light/dark cycles during a 24-hour period. The daytime settings cue vital circadian responses for better energy and focus, and the nighttime settings emit wavelengths akin to fire or candlelight to promote relaxation, natural melatonin production, and sleep onset. The Luna Red Sunset Bulb is also dimmable and has a nightlight mode for convenience and comfort.
Other “circadian lighting” options on the market often use yellow or red painted dome light bulbs, which do not emit pure color tuned to any specific wavelengths. The LED illuminating the bulb is rich in blue light, and the painted coating that covers the bulb does not entirely block the junk light being emitted. Painted domed bulbs have a lower transmittance and Color Rendering Index (CRI) than the Luna Red Sunset Bulb, which creates an eye-straining environment that subsequently appears dim and less appealing.
- Exposure to Room Light before Bedtime Suppresses Melatonin
- Red light at night
- Effect of Light on Human Circadian Physiology
- Sensitivity of the human circadian pacemaker to nocturnal light
- Phase-shifting human circadian rhythms
- Resetting of the human circadian pacemaker by intermittent bright light
- Blue light has a dark side
Make sure the lighting fixture is plugged in, and if on a wall switch turn in the ON position. Make sure there are fresh batteries in the remote-control device. (uses 2 AAA batteries)
Yes, and it does not require a dimmer switch to work! The dimming ability is built in to our 4–way remote control.
E26 stands for 26 mm and the E27 for 27 mm in diameter.
These two standards are interchangeable, meaning a US E26 will fit in a European E27 base, and E27 will fit in a E26 base. The only difference is the voltage (for light bulbs).
In fact there is only 1 mm difference between the threads of E26 and E27, so they are virtually identical. Still, it is important to buy the correct bulb certified for use in your country. This is because each country and region of the world have different certifications.
A quick reference for which light bulb type is used in major markets is as follows:
- United States – E26 Edison Screw
- Canada – E26 Edison Screw
- Japan & Taiwan – E26 Edison Screw
- Australia – E27 Edison Screw (or B22 Bayonet Cap)
- Europe – E27 Edison Screw
- United Kingdom – E27 Edison Screw (or B22 Bayonet Cap)