Article at a Glance:
- Traditional blue light blocking glasses are meant to be worn indoors only, when you’re sitting under artificial lighting and/or using digital devices with LED screens for extended periods of time.
- TrueDark® is the first on the market to offer 2-in-1 blue light blocking glasses that also function as sunglasses when you go outside.
- The new TrueDark® Daylights™ Transition Fairlane style has several key features, including scratch-resistant polycarbonate lenses with an anti-reflective coating, as well as photochromic technology that allow for indoor-to-outdoor functionality.
- This new style notably has yellow lenses that block 75% of blue light indoors; when you go outside the lenses darken and block 99% of UVA/UVB rays.
- This a great eyewear solution for those that have sensitive eyes, and that want more flexibility when it comes to functionality.
Traditional “blue blockers” or “blue light blocking glasses” are designed to protect your eyes from the harmful effects of artificial blue light. This means that they are meant to be worn inside only – when you’re exposed to artificial light sources, such as LEDs, fluorescents, or digital devices that have LED screens (e.g. computers, tablets, televisions, smartphones, etc.). These glasses are great for extended periods of time indoors, but historically speaking, there hasn’t been a convenient solution for people who also spend time outdoors exposed to harsh sunlight – until now.
Introducing TrueDark® Daylights™ Transition eyewear: premium 2-in-1 blue light blocking glasses with lenses that literally transition between indoor and outdoor functionality!
How TrueDark® Transitioning Blue Light Blocking Glasses Work
As the name suggests, our Daylights™ Transition eyewear is meant for daytime use. They are available with either:
- Yellow lenses that block 75% of artificial blue light while indoors — these are the most functional in terms of protecting your eyes and energy from exposure to blue junk light during the daytime. If you have extra sensitive eyes, then this style is ideal for you!
- Clear lenses that block 40% of blue light — these lenses offer a stylish alternative for those who may have sensitive eyes, and that need to see true colors on a computer screen or stay in uniform while at work. These glasses are a simple solution for helping you stay in harmony with your lifestyle while also stopping junk light in your workspace.
Proactively managing your exposure to artificial blue light throughout the daytime can help you:
- Reduce eye strain and headaches
- Improve your energy and mood
- Improve your sleep at night
Note that not all blue light is bad; the sun produces natural blue light that helps regulate your circadian rhythm. With that said, it’s still important to wear eye protection outdoors because the sun emits UV rays that can be extremely harmful to your eyes and vision. In addition to blocking artificial blue light indoors, all Daylights™ Transition styles function as sunglasses when exposed to natural sunlight, blocking 99% of UVA/UVB rays.
The Daylights™ Transition lenses have several key features, including:
- Scratch-resistant polycarbonate lenses
- Anti-reflective coating on UV 400 lenses
- Foldable hard-shell glasses case
- Microfiber lens cleaning cloth
- Photochromic lenses for indoor-to-outdoor functionality
TrueDark® Daylights™ Transition styles are the first-ever blue light blocking glasses that also function as sunglasses. They are strategically designed using pure, durable, prescription-grade polycarbonate lenses with anti-reflective coatings to reduce glare, as well as tinted colored lenses that are durable and scratch-resistant. Using tinted lenses is important because colored coatings can easily be scratched off. With that said, the color of your lenses is more than just a fashion statement as different tints can affect your visual field in different ways. The original Daylights™ Transitions and Daylights™ Transition Aviators have gray tinted lenses, which are very popular because they are suitable for general, all-purpose use on both cloudy and sunny days.
Key Benefits of sunglasses with gray tinted lenses:
- They can help reduce fatigue
- They allow you to perceive colors as they are and see objects in their truest form
- Reduces glare, especially off water and wet roads
- Great for variable weather on sunny or overcast days
Daylights™ Transition Fairlanes alternatively have yellow-tinted lenses, which provide greater clarity, especially if you’re trying to focus on moving objects in low-light or hazy conditions. These lenses are commonly worn by outdoor enthusiasts and professional athletes because weather conditions can directly affect their performance.
Key Benefits of sunglasses with yellow tinted lenses:
- They enhance contrast and depth perception, which makes them great for overcast, hazy or foggy conditions
- Reduces the impact of blue light, such as eye strain and fatigue
Enjoy TrueDark’s Transitioning Blue Light Blocking Glasses Inside or On-The-Go!
If you’re someone that agonizes over choosing the right glasses (either for your face, for your lifestyle, or for better sleep), we want you to know that you’re in the right place! TrueDark Daylights™ with transition lenses are ideal because they offer more flexibility for people who do need eye protection in different settings. And while blue blockers often get a bad rap for being less than stylish, we’re making conscious strides to deliver flattering frames with lenses that are truly effective and efficient. Whether you’re indoors under artificial blue light, or you’re exposed to the sun’s harmful UV rays, TrueDark’s transition sunglasses will give you that extra oomph to help protect your eyes, mind, and body!
One thought on “The Best Blue Light Blocking Glasses Now with Advanced Outdoor Tech”
Pingback: do transition lenses block blue light indoors – Ascharters
Comments are closed.